The Mission Planner, created by Michael Oborne, does a lot more than its name. Here are some of the features:
- Point-and-click waypoint entry, using Google Maps.
- Select mission commands from drop-down menus
- Download mission log files and analyze them
- Configure APM settings for your airframe
- Interface with a PC flight simulator to create a full hardware-in-the-loop UAV simulator.
- See the output from APM's serial terminal
If you haven't done so already, download the Mission Planner here (it will be called APM !Mission Planner x.x.xx.msi).
Mission Planner Overview
A few tips:
Planning A Mission